办公室对话 公司多元文化
Michael: Billy! I think there is an inferno in the company kitchen.
迈克尔:比利!我觉得公司的厨房一定发生了恐怖的事儿。
Billy: Really! Why do you think so?
比利:真的吗!你为什么会这么想?
Michael: There is a terrible smell coming from there.
迈克尔:有一股难闻的气味从那儿飘出来。
Billy: Can you describe it for me?
比利:能给我形容一下吗?
Michael: Billy, it is a very strong smell that made my eyes water when I walked past.
迈克尔:比利,那是一种很强烈的气味,从那路过的时候我的眼睛都出眼泪了。
Billy: You are such a dill Michael. Maybe someone is re-heating their lunch.
比利:你真是个傻瓜迈克尔。也许是有人在加热他们的午餐。
Michael: This cannot be someone's lunch! No one could eat something that smelled that bad.
迈克尔:不可能是某个人的午餐!没有人会吃味道那么糟糕的'东西。
Billy: You know that we have people from many different countries working in the office and their cuisine is very different from ours.
比利:你要知道在我们办公室里工作的人来自不同的国家,他们的饮食跟我们是完全不同的。
Michael: But they are in our country now! They should act like we do!
迈克尔:可他们现在在我们的国家!他们做事的方式应该跟我们一样!
Billy: You cannot say that! What you just said is very insulting and ignorant. You need a lesson in Cultural Diversity at work.
比利:你不可以这么说!你刚才说的话很无礼也很无知。你需要了解一下公司中的文化差异。
-
英文简历应聘职位经典句型
写简历是一个有技巧的事情,好的简历可以让你在众多简历中脱颖而出,那么小编盘点了在写简历时一定会用上的英语简历句子1、AresponsibleadministrativepositionwhichwillprovidechallengeandfreedomwhereIcanbringmyinitiativeandcreativityintofullplay.负责管理...
-
BEC商务英语考试话题总结:坦白交待
BEC商务英语核心句型:You’dbettercomeclean.你最好坦白交待。comeclean直译过来就是:变干净,所以这个短语的正确意思是:全盘招供,坦白交待,和盘托出。因此,当美国人说"You’dbettercomeclean."时,他/她要表达的'意思就是:"You’dbettertellthetruth."...
-
英语面试对话精选
1.applicant(a):excuseme.mynameisamylin.ihaveanappointmentwithzhuatdyoumindannouncingme?(求):对不起,我叫林艾咪。我和朱约翰先生在十点钟有个约会,你介意帮我通报一声吗?2.secretary(s):yes,misslin,mr.zhuisexpectingyou.gorightin.秘书(秘):是的,林小姐,朱先生正...
-
美多数女性认为自己能兼顾工作和生活
Mostyoungwomenbelievetheywillachieveabalancebetweenarewardingcareerandafulfillingpersonallife,despitetheeconomicupheavalandalegacyofcorporateculturethatfavorsmen,asurveyshows.Theonlinesurveyoffull-timeworkingwomenbetweentheagesof22and35year...