走遍美国教学视频文本22:You’re Going to Be Fine ACT I
ACT I
Molly, I need your special talent for handling special matters. Molly,我需要你处理特殊情况的特殊才能。
Like what special matters? 什么样的特殊情况?
Well, I have a scheduling problem. 嗯,我在安排工作方面遇到困难。
Yes? 是吗?
I have three tonsillectomies set for Friday with Dr. Earl. 我安排好要和Earl大夫在星期五进行三个扁桃腺切除手术。
Yes? 是吗?
I need to fit a fourth operation into his schedule. 我得在他的工作日程上再加第四个手术。
And ... I know you can do it. 这……我知道你能做到。
Who's the patient? 病人是谁?
Carl Herrera. Carl Herrera。
The boy has infected tonsils, 这孩子的扁桃腺受到感染了,
and we should remove them as soon as possible. 我们要尽快把它切除。
Well, I'll try to arrange the schedule, Dr. Stewart. 好吧,我尽力去安排,Stewart大夫。
But it's not going to be easy. 不过,这事可不容易。
I know you'll be able to take care of it. 我知道你能够处理好这件事。
Well, Mrs. Herrera, 你好,Herrera太太,
Carl will be perfectly fine after we remove his tonsils. 切除扁桃腺之后,Carl会完全恢复健康的。
Thank you for your reassurance, Dr. Stewart. 谢谢你消除了我的顾虑,Stewart大夫。
He's had so many colds and sore throats recently. 他最近常常感冒,并且喉咙痛。
Well, it's a very easy operation, Carl. 这是个很简单的手术,Carl。
You won't feel a thing. 你一点感觉也没有。
But when do they do it? 但是什么时候动手术?
This Friday. 这个星期五。
But Saturday's my birthday. 但星期六是我的生日。
Well, we could reschedule the operation, Mrs. Herrera, 这样吧,我们可以重新安排手术时间,Herrera太太。
but I don't want to put it off too long. 但我希望不要拖得太久。
No, I think it's important to do it now. 不,我觉得还是应该现在动手术。
We can have a birthday party for you, Carl, 我们可以给你举行生日派对,Carl,
When you come out of the hospital. 在你病好出院后。
But it won't be on my birthday. 但是那就不是在我生日那天了。
But your health is more important, Carl. Believe me. 可是你的身体更重要,Carl。相信我的话。
I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想把扁桃腺割掉。?
Nurse Baker, would you come in, please? Baker护士,请你来一下,好吗?
Hello, Mrs. Herrera. Hi, Carl, how you doing? 你好,Herrera太太。嗨,Carl,你怎么样啦?
I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想切除扁桃腺。
Come with me, Carl. 跟我来,Carl。
You and I will talk this over. 我俩商量商量。
She has a special way with kids. 她对孩子很有一套。
She sure does. 她的确如此。
Carl, does your throat hurt? Carl,你喉咙痛吗?
Yes. 是的。
OK. Do you want to get better? 好,你想把病治好吗?
Yes. 是的。
OK. We want you to get better, too. 我们也希望你能尽快康复。
You'll have your tonsils out tomorrow, 明天,你的'扁桃腺切除后,
and you won't get so many colds anymore. 你就不会老患感冒了。
But if I have my tonsils out tomorrow, 但是,我如果明天切除扁桃腺,
I'll miss my birthday party on Saturday. 就会错过星期六的生日派对。
I know. 我知道。
It's a problem, isn't it? 这确实是个问题,不是吗?
Let me try to work something out. 让我想个办法解决。
What? 什么办法?
I have to think about it. 我得想一想。
You're fooling me. 你想骗我。
Oh, I'm not, Carl. 噢,我不骗你,Carl。
Give me a chance to think about it, 给我一个机会想想,
and I'll come up with something. 我会想出一个办法的。
A surprise? 一个惊喜?
Maybe. 也许是。
But you just put on your pajamas and robe, 你先把你的睡衣裤和长袍穿上,
and I'll think of a surprise. 我来想出一个绝好的主意。
Will it hurt? 会痛吗?
-
英文简历常见问题分享
以下是由本站小编为为大家推荐的英文简历中总结出的N个常见问题,希望大家能够喜欢。1、题目。有十几个人Email的标题是应聘,或者类似的字样。这样的简历让我不知道该转给谁。我们同时招聘好几个职位,每个职位由不同的人负责。公司的内部流是所有的求职信都发给Rec...
-
有关还价还盘的商务英语
导语:如何用英语去还价还盘?下面是本站小编整理的有关还价还盘的商务英语,欢迎借鉴!Mr.Smith:Thisisourrock-bottomprice,Mr.Wang.Wecan'tmakeanyfurtherconcessions.史密斯先生:王先生,这是我方的最低价格,不可能再让步了。Mr.Wang:Ifthat'sthecase,there&...
-
面试英语:哪些问题可以向面试官提问?
Facedwithonepointedquestionafterthenextregardingyourcareer,ajobinterviewcanquicklytakeonthefeelofaninterrogation.面对着接二连三有关于你个人职业生涯的问题,你会很快就觉得一场面试就像是一场审讯会。Butemployersaren'ttheonlyoneswhogettopokean...
-
商务英语应届毕业生的个人自我鉴定
我叫xxx,于xx年进入xx大学学习国际商务英语。四年来,本人在校热爱祖国,尊敬师长,团结同学,乐于助人,是老师的好帮手,同学的好朋友。本人品德兼优、性格开朗、热爱生活,有较强的实践能力和组织能力。我学习勤奋,积极向上,喜欢和同学讨论并解决问题,经常积极参加班级及学校...
相关文章
- 走遍美国教学视频文本25:It’s Up to You ACT I
- 走遍美国教学视频文本23:You’re Going to Be Fine ACT II
- 走遍美国教学文本40:Playing Games ACT I
- 走遍美国教学视频文本24:You’re Going to Be Fine ACT III
- 走遍美国教学视频文本26:It’s Up to You ACT II
- 走遍美国教学视频文本19:Man’s Best Friend ACT I
- 走遍美国教学视频文本31:A Place of Our Own ACT I
- 走遍美国教学视频文本17:Thanksgiving ACT II
- 走遍美国教学视频文本18:Thanksgiving ACT III
- 走遍美国教学视频文本37:A Real Stewart ACT I